Friday, July 5, 2013

Terrible Tuesday & a Recap

Remember that comment I made about being terrified of having a sub for two whole weeks? Yeah, I got a taste of that on Tuesday when I went on a field trip with the High School Members and was gone for two blocks. A total of three hours. Not even a whole day.

I left explicit instructions for the sub which he read over in front of me. I asked if he had any questions, he did not and I left for the field trip. When I returned I found things out that should not have been used, materials that they did use in other places and STAMPS ON MY DRY ERASE BOARD. I am now officially terrified of the mess that I will come back to. Due to this inconvenience and nightmare, I have decided to hide most of the materials that they usually use. I will be leaving them with the basic drawing materials and the collage station. While the collage station will probably be a huge mess I need them to learn that even though I'm not there they must care for the materials as if they purchased them. Also, I have hired 2-3 "Classroom Keepers" for their scheduled block to help with the mess and to assure that the routine goes as planned. I will be "paying" the classroom keepers in Character Counts Coupons (a reward system we have for good behavior) and Free Taco Bell Coupons. I will have the sub make sure that they do their jobs and will hopefully leave me notes as to the classes overall behavior. I'm nothing short of terrified, but I must go to UF for the studio classes. I graduate in December, it has been a wonderful experience and I am thankful for all that I have learned.

Printing and stamping for the other class has gone really well and they have made some really interesting monoprints. I hope to get them passed back next week to be sorted into their portfolios.

No comments:

Post a Comment