Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 4: Printing & Stamping

With two classes so far this week I thought it was important to record how my first day went with printing
and stamping. I showed them the basic stamp that went over well... until it came to cleaning them before using them in another color. So I developed a quick wash process for the sink that didn't involve constantly running the water. This worked out better than the other way and limited wasted water and people hanging out at the sink.

The prints we did were simple mono prints from one side of the paper to another. I showed the example, did the demo, showed them how to clean it and we were on our way. I limited it to one mono print for the day so that everyone could have a chance if they wanted. It worked out well and it was obvious who listened
to the demo and who was daydreaming. They really enjoyed this method, so much so that a few of them tried to sneak a second one. We fixed that problem early and it ended up working well. I had them blow dry them and then put them on the drying rack. During one of my planning periods I'm going to sort them and put them in their cubbies to be distributed next week.

We were having a problem cleaning up and returning things to their spots so I took pictures of everything (labels are NOT enough). These pictures show the proper placement for everything. Now no one can say they dont know where it goes. They've only been up for about two hours but they seem to work a little better.




I'm a bit terrified to go away to school this summer and leave a sub in my class. I will try to leave as clear instructions as possible but I know I'm a little ridiculous about the schedule and routine of the classroom. We. Shall. See.

No comments:

Post a Comment